The Life of a Flower

"Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature" Gerard De Nerval.

Flowers are the basic tool any writer would use to describe the wondrous nature. Everyone is astounded by the beauty of it. I just wrote this poem yesterday which is about how a tiny flower, a daisy looks at life around it and how it feels...


Life of a flower

My world began as a small pod
Freshly put in soft land
Water sprinkled on my teeny face
For days I sat enclosed in the box
I was surely claustrophobic
But it made no difference

One day I was pushed open
Thrown into the land of fresh daisies
Yet held strongly by force
I could finally feel the wind
Rush into my face
The morning dews
The bees buzzing about

I was growing taller and taller
Probably taller than the daisy next to me
And then finally
The day I had been waiting forever
A tiny petal of white opened
And then in a symphony all the others 
Surrounding my face in a halo
Swaying to the harmony of the winds

I was popular
Bees and Butterflies surrounding me
Enjoying my sweet scent and presence
It was divine having guests
Until night where I had to sleep

At night I had the wildest dreams
Surfing on the head of the Queen of Atlantis
Dancing with princesses on their bouquets
Decorating a beautiful room
With little teddy bears and such
Only until the morning was out

As usual I sprang out
Bathed in light
I was rejuvenated and was sure the gardener would harvest me
Combing my sepals
And looking straight
Till I felt a few petals leave me
And fall into the soft land
I tried to hold them

As I saw the farmer approach
The day I longed for so long
Was going to walk right beside
As I showered in woe
Begging that he would ignore the absence
The minute he came near me
I crossed my fingers

He looked, thought
Plucked me out of my home
Dropped me down
Squashed me like a mosquito
And moved on
There I lay taking my last breath
Just as a gallant hero after a war…


A Gaenseblume4.JPGPicture courtesy: Wikipedia







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts