A Different Perspective

Playing with different perspectives is one of the best ways to write a poem. This poem is one of my first ones, where it is about a tiny tuna fish living in the oceans. He is intrigued by the human life and wishes that he could become one, but his imagination is not appreciated by his colony...

A Different Perspective

I look above to see another home,
Like mine but wider,
There are other like me,
But white and weird,

I have heard tales about monsters,
Living above us,
Preying on our bodies,
But me, the strong me,
Guffaws slowly on these fables,
But inside I am frightened,

I am happy with my majestic home,
The school off tuna bores me,
The same ocean,
And the same weed,
I desire for difference,
For change and new,

I wish I were the monster,
Living above my home,
But I would never eat or hunt us,
Instead make the tuna my friends,
Living together in peace and harmony,
Like centuries ago,

I’d also be free from the thought of being caught,
Since I would be the king of the world,
But if my friends knew my desire,
They would disown me,
So, I have a secret to myself
I know this wish can never come true,
Because I was born as me,
But the wish of living in harmony with the monsters,
Would be a dream come true…







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts