No Water for a Day

Water- Molecule of life. This is the one thing humanity can't survive without. The thing to quench thirsts, grow of life; it is the most essential thing for life to prevail.
In the progress of humankind, we tend to become reluctant to save these renewable resources- But that is extremely necessary. I have written a poem where I have imagined how a day without water would be...


No Water for a Day

Waking up at dawn was so hard for me
I yawned and slithered to go back to sleep
But then I looked at the screaming clock
9’o clock Friday the 13! It yelled
So, I pushed my covers and went to brush

With a blur eye I tried to twist the tap
Not a single droplet down it appeared
I slapped it and turned it again
But no luck, air just came out
Then I heard my mother yelp
“No water for a day, no water for a day!”

Still cranky from my morning siesta
I grabbed a bottle of packaged water
Thrust it on my brush and started cleaning
Until there was no more left
With toothpaste still on my teeth
I cried in silence
“No water for a day, no water for a day!”

I spit on a towelette and went to eat
Some steaming idlis on a plate
I gobbled them up like a fierce ogre
Until it was time to wash the dishes
In the sink lay a platter of cutlery
Stagnant and stinking from every which way
I covered my nose to block out the stench
Wondering my survival with
“No water for a day, no water for a day!”

Running errands was a pain
Cause everyone around me smelt like filth
The whole colony mourned without water
All doubting their minute of life
Everyone shouting in their brain
“No water for a day, no water for a day!”

By night fall all the moments were remembered
When I had carelessly lost the water
Seeing, without the molecule of life how we were troubled
 I swore to thee to never experience
“A day without water, A day without water!”


Picture courtesy: Wikipedia

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts