In Memory of Lakshmi

Hey everyone... This week has been difficult and gloomy. Last Saturday, my close friend tragically left the world, and I just can't assimilate it. It has just been so hard to process all that is happening right now, and I still think it is a delirium. 
My friends and I are devastated. We loved her so much; it was such a shock. We sobbed and wailed, yet it still feels like she is still with us. 
In today's post, I have my friends; Aadya, Sam, and Nithika; with me and we just wanted to do something that embodies her true spirit. 









Lakshmi was the kind of girl who could excavate happiness even in the deepest depths. She was so full of life and just by looking at her one would find the simple joys of living. She was incandescent. She was brighter than the brightest yellow. She was the representation of cheer.
She was a remarkable artist. Paintbrushes magically created exquisite structures and vales when they touched her hand. Her artistic mind brought color into dull situations. 
Lakshmi recently got into ornithology. One day she spotted a budgie, and she lit up. She messaged us all a hundred times, sent us videos and pictures... it was refreshing to see her jovial. She named the bird 'Aloe.' It was amazing to spot the similarities between birds and her. She was chirpy and always affable. 
She wrote the most heartwarming messages, usually followed by a trail of heart emojis and smileys. 
Whenever I felt blue, I could depend on her to bring back the energy of living, and she would always offer hearty hugs that could diminish gloomy situations. 
She was smart. Really smart. Everyone looked up to her for being disciplined and diligent. 
I always admired and adored her, and I am going to miss her very much. I don't have words to express how big of an impact she had on me... 


I Know You're Still Here

I listened to fallen footsteps
Grim echoes traversed reality.
When I heard the news
I couldn’t comprehend it
My heart tore a million times.

Your effulgent smile
Being taken from me
Things became awry
An aimless haze entered.
Demanding a last warm hug
I cried a million times.

The sun that sets every day
Brings back broken memories
From crannies, I’ve never entered
Remorse, an acquaintance now
Often lost in this maze
I miss you a million times.

Everyone whispers about you
Saying you were a pearl
But I knew you were much more
You were the essence of effervescence
A ray of hope at twilight.
I want to talk to you a million times.

My soul has an empty space now
I believe it is just a dream
And soon, I will awake
And you’re still here with
Bubbly laughs and gentle words.
I love you a million times.





Lakshmi was a person who made everyone happy regardless of the way she felt. Wherever she is now, she is still spreading joy to the people there. 





















 

My dear friend, when fate cruelly rushed,

this heavy grief had no weighty word.

Wish this helpless heart hadn’t hushed,

now beats louder – but you never heard.
 

Your breezy voice – only tune worthwhile.

I wish to pace through your thoughts – a sea.

Your warm, wild, ever-widening smile –

sheltered this ravaged refugee.

 

Such a smooth, soft, silent swan.

A sparrow – chirpy free soul.

Whose eyes did these rose glasses adorn?

For your spirit rose past mundane control.

 

This rip on life’s delicate cloth –

nothing could slit, no vengeful knife,

not gnawing of a starved moth,

but the loss of your delicate life.

 

 



Well.. that's all. I know I haven't been very regular in posting but I'm trying to get back to my schedule as much as possible... 
I don't know how to conclude this post. 
Thanks for reading.  













Comments

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. From your writing, Lakshmi sounds like she was a beautiful soul with so much love in her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Lakshmi sounds like she was a wonderful person, and the art you created for her is so beautiful. While I didn't know her personally, I'm sure she'd love the art you made.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for Lakshmi. If she was here, she'd loved these poems....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so, so sorry for your loss and what you've been going through. Lakshmi sounds like an amazing friend and I know she would've loved your poems and art. I'll be praying for you and your friends during this tough time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heartfelt condolences for your loss, Maith :( I'm sure wherever your friend is, she's happy because of what you and your friends have done for her :) I've not gone through anything similar so I don't know quite how you're feeling but here's hoping it'll get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words Maya... We all are doing better now :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what it would be like to go through this, and I honour you for that <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why, but after reading this I teared up. I've never known Lakshmi but it feels as if I have and that I could imagine her smiling, laughing, bringing a smile to other's faces. aAnd I can't possibly fathom how you feel right now, neither can I visit you to give you a warm hug but... I can share and reminisce the memories of Lakshmi... and hope she's joyful and jovial wherever she may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I also want to say that I adore you and your friends for being so strong. For putting your emotions in words and writing wonderful poems. I'm sure Lakshmi is loving all that you all have written for her.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for this comment Soumya. Lakshmi was truly one of a kind...
      I hope so too :)

      Delete
  8. I apologize if I have written BEFORE...
    but! alas! I gotta severe head injury
    as I invite all2partake
    in my effusive BORE:
    ☆ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ☆
    God! bless!! you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts