In the Shoes of a Grocery Delivery Person

Hey everyone! Yes, after a long hiatus extending to almost a month, I am officially back! The past month has been very complex. Firstly, I would like to extend my deepest and heartiest gratitude to all you lovely people out there. Reading your wonderful comments definitely helped me regain my positivity and it just made me feel so confident. Thank you so much, guys, for all the support 😊❤. I really really really appreciate it. 

Today's post is a poem, I wrote as a part of a fun activity conducted by my school. It was called:

'Tiny Tales.' 
There were five prompts given to us and we could either write a short story, article, or compose a poem of under 200 words. The prompts were- 


I really like those topics- well thought out! 
I decided to take the (5) option as right now, most of us are ordering groceries online, and because of the delivery people, we are able to get them right at home with ease! 
So here is my poem, hope you like it!


A Day in My Life 

My alarm buzzed at the strike of dawn,
I couldn't help but sit and yawn. 
Mother certainly didn't find it merry,
She turned into an angry lady. 

Huff! I scurried off to work,
I hate seeing my boss's vicious smirk. 
Though, I do enjoy meandering through streets, 
Oh! The exquisite people I meet! 

I boarded my scooter, picked up the bags, 
Filled with grain and tasty snacks. 
Shielding my face with a comfy mask, 
I embarked to complete my task.

The roads were deserted tumbleweed rolled,
The situation wasn't quite old. 
I can't remember the last I was stuck in traffic, 
Now that makes me ecstatic! 

The first house I delivered to,
Didn't say the golden words just adieu. 
Sigh, this was expected, 
Unlike the other housethey called me wicked! 

Many more arguments, tons of silence,
The virus prevails but my job never ends. 
With the booming technology of today, 
People can call me from anywhere! 

Exhausted from the trips I took, 
I just wanted to go home and read a book. 
The sweat and hard work paid a ton, 
I return victorious gleaming like the sun! 





 A silly poem for sure 😂

As I was compiling this post, I got the idea to turn it into a TAG. Since the topics are quirky, I think it will be fun for everyone to write something pertaining to it. 
Presenting: 



Rules: 

i) Mention Maith @ Maith's Musings, the creator of the tag. 
ii) Use any of the prompts to write a story/article/poem under 200 words:
~ My Cozy Spot at Home
~ Under the Staircase
~ Funny Things My Pet Has Done
~ Breakfast for Dinner
~In the Shoes of a Grocery Delivery Person
If you prefer to draw, you can do it too! 
iii) Now, nominate a few bloggers to try it out! Make sure they know that they are nominated.


I'm going to keep this one open. Anyone can attempt it. I am excited to read your posts! 


Well, that's all. I hope you liked this post! My tests are almost done, so in August I will post more often! What are your thoughts? Which prompt did you like the most? Are you interested in doing this tag? Do you have a blog? 

Tell me in the comments! 😁


Comments

  1. This is so cool. I loved reading your poem. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is so awesome!! This tag sounds really fun! I think I might need to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annika! I'm excited to read your post! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts