One Year Blogiversary!!!!!!


Hey everyone!! Today is a really special day as IT IS MY ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY!!!! Exactly one year ago, I opened my laptop, sat with my dad, and decided to share my reverie through my own part of the World Wide Web. At that point, I really assumed that blogs were something only 'old' people or makeup artists did, but now, I really am astounded to find this HUGE blogger community and many people who share the same personality as me πŸ˜„. 

I could go on and on about how Blogging has made me a better person and given me a 'second' home but that post would be extremely long😜


Today's post is gonna be a recap of my whole blogging experience + some updates. Let's get started! 


1. INITIAL GOALS

At first, when my parents proposed the idea of me having a blog, they asked me to make a chart on what I would like to post, to be organized. 
So I made this flowchart to organize my thoughts: 



I think I have covered almost everything I initially planned, and probably even more! 





2. CREATING

I chose blogger cause I read that it is easy for newcomers and also it felt safer as it is a venture of google. After creating a profile, and the blog I decided to call it 
Maith's Musings

Many times I feel that it is plain, but I never feel like changing it. 
At first, my blog was really really simple with the "Flower Watermark" theme. 

I don't have a pic of how my blog originally looked :(

Now I also have a second blog on WordPress called Jovial Pages, where I publish positive, merry and as the name suggests, jovial stuff to bring happiness!
I hope you check it out! 



3. POSTS

Rapid-fire time!!!

First Post: The Evening Breeze

Latest Post: Well, this one hahaha! But before this Stardom. 




I also started two series, Cosmisstries and Project Khazana. I am gonna continue updating in it. 



4. WHAT I LEARNED? 

As I read more blogs, explored all the options, googled stuff I figured out so many tips and tricks to draw more visitors to my blog. I am still learning! 
I have planned for another post on the most important things I got to know after blogging for a year, but the main points are as follows: 

  • Socialize: You can't just be idle and pray hard that people find your blog. The more you interact the more interesting blogger you find and the more friends you get. 
  • Pictures: Finding pics on google is a little hard so, just create them! You can use software like Canva or Piktochart etc. If you are a wizard with a pencil, then just sketch something! 
  • Length of Posts: Short and Crisp! That is the magic!
  • Post Often: Try writing more posts! Continue following bloggers, reading posts, commenting; the blogosphere is a wonderful place to be!


5. UPDATES

I have some exciting news! My sister started her own blog! I am so proud of her; she is still really young (only 8) but she decided to have her own part of the internet. 


The one thing that made me smile was her first post, which is a beautiful story of a Golden Bird. She DREW the pictures on Scratch, the programming language using a MOUSE, and used them to narrate the story!!!! The pictures look so stunning, that I thought she googled it!! My sister is a wonderful artist and insanely talented!  


Mahathi, I hope you continue blogging!! All the Best!! 


Since I am on my summer vacation now, I will try to post more often! At least twice a week? 
I have so many summer goals, I really want to accomplish them all and make it the best summer ever! 




Well, that's all. I really had so much fun writing this post, as it brought back lots of memories. I hope you liked it!!
What are your thoughts? Do you have a blog? Any tips to become a better blogger? Did you celebrate your blogiversary? Tell me in the comments! πŸ˜












Comments

  1. Congratulations on successful year of blogging...all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Maith! Happy one year blogiversery. I really love your blogs. Hope you'll continue blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vanya😊!! I really like your blog too <3

      Delete
  3. Happy blogiversery!! *Throws confetti*
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Quinley!! Happy Blogiversary to you too!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

      Delete
  4. Hello Maith, I just nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award! I would really love if you could participate ;) Here's a link to refer: https://brighteralleys.blogspot.com/2021/04/nominated-for-mystery-blogger-award.html

    -Gauri@BrighterAlleys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gauri!! I will surely take part πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  5. I'm SO happy for you Maitreyi, keep going!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aadya!!! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on one year of blogging, Maith! I love your graphics, which always add some spice to your post! Looking forward to your posts—as I always do!

    —Maya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words warmed my heart! Thanks Maya <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts