Stardom

Everyone admires celebrities; their whole life is telecast and their endorsements become a mantra for the public. But people seem to forget that they too are humans. Sure, a few were born into stardom but so many others worked their whole lives to make it to the top. Instead of giving credit to hard work, most people look at their public image! A naive soul exists beneath the award shows, makeup, interviews, and galas. I have written this poem, through the eyes of a famous singer who reminisces her days without the paparazzi and media attention. Nostalgia floods into her and she questions her life choices. Is fame a true bliss? Read on... 


Stardom

I wake to a busy schedule, 
Full of roaming and chanting the same tune,
Time to rest is heaven,
A warm compliment is peace.

I go around autographing,
Advertising products I dislike,
But I am sick with stardom,
So, this is my life.

I can no longer enjoy a latte,
At the coffee shop across the street,
Reading a book,
And escaping from reality.

But me, sick with stardom
Exercises extensively to walk on runways.
Even though I abominate.
I can't deal with the negativity. 

Award shows grapple me into darkness,
Crumpling my so little esteem,
How do I make people like me? 
When I am a broken heartbeat. 

Though I’m sore with harsh judgments,
Nobody listens to me,
I rarely spend time with family,
No matter how much I try,
I can’t. 

Sometimes I wish I wasn’t a star,
Primitive attention was exceptional,
But now just a pain in my throat,
Only for a day, 
I wish to go back a decade, 
And tell that little girl, 
To have other dreams...

 

 




Well, that's all. I hope you liked this post! What are your thoughts? Do you admire any celebrities? Any tips to improve my poems? Tell me in the comments! 😁 








Comments

  1. Nice peom Maith! I really loved it. This is what I think about celebrities , and thier lives. So amazing peom...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts