April Recap!

Hey everyone! April scooch over, May is here!!!! For me, May signifies the ending of the summer vacation and back to school. However, there is still not any hope of my offline school commencing due to the new lockdown policies🙁, but I should be able to go back in the second semester. 


April mostly went in leisure, haha! I read a lot, watched tv, wrote, cooked, etc! My tuitions started off early, so I was mostly attending classes or finishing assignments. I video-called my friends more frequently and also started helping my family by doing chores dutifully!! 


Leisure- Books&TV


I read 15 books!!!! That was quite impressive!!! The best part of April was that I got a membership at a library and now I can read more books. Here are the books I read, 
  • Looking for Alaska- John Green 
  • The Catcher in the Rye- J.D. Salinger
  • Divergent- Veronica Roth 
  • Paper Towns- John Green 
  • Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
  • Insurgent- Veronica Roth 
  • Twelfth Night- William Shakespeare 
  • An Abundance of Katherines- John Green
  • The Mysterious Affair at Styles- Agatha Christie
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson- John Green and David Levithan 
  • The Prisoner of Zenda- Anthony Hope 
  • Allegiant- Veronica Roth
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- Douglas Adams 
I read a lot of YA (particularly John Green) this month, followed by sci-fi, classics, and one mystery novel. Currently, I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. The book is heartwarming and I can't wait to see how it ends. 




TV Shows// 
I watched a lot of Nat-Geo documentaries, related to space, nature, and history. I am also watching Fresh off the Boat, a wonderful show about a Taiwanese family adjusting to 1990s Florida. It has some great dialogues, memorable characters and of course a lot of laughs! 

Side-by-side, I am also watching the beginning seasons of Shark Tank, as I finally found it on an OTT!! In this show, aspiring entrepreneurs from around the world pitch their business models to a panel of investors and persuade them to invest money in their idea.  







Bloggin'!




I published 4 posts in April! Not a great feat, but still good. 

Book Reviews: John Green Novels, where I ramble about my profound interest in his books and synopses 
Distracting Pathways- A story on the complexities of human behavior, with touches of humor. 
Mystery Blogger Award- My
first blogger award!!
One Year Blogiversary - The icing on the cake!❤

I did experience writer's block a few times, but I made it through! 😁


On my WordPress Blog, Jovial Pages; I updated my blog series, Poems-n-smiles, did a collab, a story, and an award! 🎊🎊


Snippets 


Things seem to be degrading. Looking at the grave situation makes me feel queasy, but still, I feel a ray of hope shining on us... leading us to better days. 
The coronavirus is spreading like wildfire! So many of my near and dear ones have been affected... it is just dire and disheartening. But with vaccines, one can just pray that things come to serenity. 

A lockdown was announced. Well, I guess this means back to the same routine followed in 2020. Though outside the situation was grim, I can say that it wasn't hopeless for me. I did do a lot of productive things, for example creating my own place on the internet!  
I hope to not waste my time and continue to explore new things. 
Staying cheerful in these times is essential, and never lose positivity!  
We can make it through! 

          

I started working out at dawn, and it truly changed the course of my day. I feel more energized and less weary. Right now I am trying out different routines like Yoga with Adrienne, Cure. Fit, Chloe Ting, etc... 
Do you have any recommendations? 

Hmm... what else did I do?  
Oh yes, I also wrote some poems and did some sketching. 😅



May!

Last month of summer vacations: I want to try to be productive, but also enjoy! I have about 20 books to read, so I will be snuggling into a fictitious world 🤣. I want to stay ahead in my assignments and homework, to avoid procrastination. And also, I want to publish more posts; do you have any ideas on what kind of posts I could write? 
One post I am excited to write is for Star Wars day! YAYYYY!!!!! So, stay on the lookout on May the Fourth!! 
I also can't wait to read the Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green which is set to be released on May18. 





With medical technologies taking control of the situation, we can truly wish for a speedy recovery. If you are eligible for the vaccinations, get vaccinated ASAP! Continue to stay home, don't hover around for no reason, and keep washing your hands. 

Before I conclude, here is a beautiful poem on 'The First Day of May' by Annette Wynne.


May 1st was truly like that, as all the flowers in my garden blossomed and started sharing their mirth with the environment; dancing sprightly with the wind💐

Well, that's all. I hope you liked the post!! What did you do in April? What are your May goals? Did you like the poem? Do you have a blog? 

Tell me in the comments! 😁



Comments

  1. Sounds like you had quite a productive April, Maith! I suppose you mean 18 May for the John Green release? I've been counting it down on my calendar too! What do you think of the new Covid-19 pandemic wave that's upon us at the moment? I think we've let our guard down, and that's the primary cause, so we've all got to stay safe!

    Love the poem you quoted! And this was a great post!

    —Maya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Maya😊! Oh no, I must've made a mistake; lemme correct it right now😅.
      Yes, you're right; everyone took the situation lightly when things "seemed" to be becoming okay. Now, we ought to ensure that this doesn't happen again, so being safe is a necessity!
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a fun April. Also that's neat that you read Twelfth Night and Wuthering Heights . :D I haven't gotten around to reading Wuthering Heights yet, but I really want to, and Twelfth Night is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Quinley! Wuthering Heights is just a beautiful novel with such exquisite emotions written into it. I loved Twelfth Night too! 😀
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Such a productive month! And also, now I want to read Wuthering heights. Nice post Maith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts