May the Fourth Be With You!

Hey everyone! Hope that y'all are staying safe at home. May 4th is Star Wars Day! 

May the Fourth be with you!! Happy Star Wars Day!
A day created to celebrate the spectacular sci-fi/fantasy trilogy, Star Wars!! I am a huge fan of this series and it also ignited my love for science fiction! It all started when my friends asked me to watch the movies and ta-da! So, as I was contemplating on what to do for Star Wars Day, I decided to write a post with just an overload of star wars things. 

Today's post is going to hold a really small summary of all 9 movies, and a little more on why I love star wars.

Let's get started!





It covers 9 movies! Forgive me if I miss something...



A long time ago in a far, far galaxy, there lived a farmer boy, Luke Skywalker. His thrilling escapade is narrated in 3 movies: New Hope {Ep 4}, Empire Strikes Back {Ep 5}, Return of the Jedi {Ep 6} created by the one and only George Lucas!
Luke gets to know about the Jedis- guardians of peace in the galaxy and Sith, vice versa. They work with the mystical two sides of the force; the light side and the dark side. His mentor and friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi a master Jedi agrees to train Luke to become a Jedi "just like his father" until... 
His two companions, the fearless & brilliant Princess Leia and canny Han Solo stay loyal to him and help him in his adventures. Yoda, the green unnamed alien Jedi, showered everyone with astute quotes, which is a mark of the Star Wars Franchise. We have many droids like R2D2 and C3PO (for comic relief, okay not really... they play an important role๐Ÿ˜‚). How can one forget benevolent and strong Chewbacca, the furriest of them all! 

Now, for terror and horror;
DARTH VADER. 
This cold, robotic, inhuman monster hopes to bring grief to everyone in the galaxy including himself. He is guided by the even more ruthless Emperor Palpatine... and they hold a secret that will change Luke's life. 
Soaring ships, glamorous battles, unique races, futuristic technology, stormtroopers...

Wait, this isn't the end of the saga-- 'tis just the beginning. 


Next up, Prequels; Phantom Menace {Ep 1}, Attack of the Clones {Ep 2} and Revenge of the Sith {Ep 3.} 
These movies cover the surprisingly human past of Darth Vader. His humble beginnings as a slave, the uneventful meeting with Qui Gon Jinn (Jedi), Jar Jar Binks (a dumb Gungan), and the beautiful Padme (Queen of Naboo). A lot of cool fights,  deep quotes, motivating role models, humor, sorrow, and more weird alien races! 

Last but not least, Sequels; Force Awakens {Ep 7}, Last Jedi {Ep 8}, Rise of Skywalker {Ep 9} with entirely new characters and a new protagonist Rey. Since it was released in recent years, the CGI and graphics are much more developed so it really looks Sci-Fi- ish. 
It has some out-of-the-world climaxes and tries to connect all the events. 
A great trilogy too! 

If you want to know a more detailed overview check out this youtube video that will simplify things for you, but BEWARE! SPOILERS! : Star Wars 101

There are also two supporting movies Rogue One and Solo: A Star Wars story and numerous TV series; the cherry on the top being Mandalorian! 
I drew this last year!





Some things I liked in Star Wars


The one thing that makes Star Wars, Star Wars is not the tech, but the characters. There are myriad characters who each have their own idiosyncrasies that shower goodness to the series. It shows our normal lives in a more hyperbolic way. 
One facet that made an impression on me, was Darth Vader's dual thoughts.  
Darth Vader/Anakin's conflicting thoughts between the two sides of the force spiral throughout the prequels which ultimately become a downfall. He makes an irrational decision when his mind was in unrest. If was serene, he could have become a delight and not a destructor.  


Courtesy: Pinterest

Hasty decisions are the bringer of atrophy. Hence, integral choices require tranquility. 


Princess Leia is my favorite character. She is smart, she knows her way around a patriarchal world (one defect of star wars, even though more female characters were introduced later), and is gutsy! 
Her home planet Alderaan was destroyed by the villainous machine, the Death Star, but she still kept her sanity and fought with all her audacity! She truly knows how to bounce back from distress. 
She was one of the first female role models for television back in the days, with her iconic 'Princess Leia Buns' becoming a beauty signature. She wasn't clingy like Luke, but she wasn't as arrogant as Han; she was the perfect mix of the two. 
In the original trilogy, Princess Leia was shown as a more 'Gryffindor-like person, but only in the sequels the true colors of her mind were commemorated. As she ages, she becomes more poignant and pensive, unfolding the truth of her mind by meditation. She withstands a treacherous incident just by believing in the force. 

I hope to be dauntless and enlightened like her. 

Pic Courtesy: Wikipedia 

The aliens may be of different color, shape, and size but they have values very much like ours. 

The Gungans; annoying, always causing havoc, but have untapped potential. 
Ewoks; By looks, they are small and almost forgettable, but without their colossal help and quick thinking skills, the series couldn't have come to an end. 
Porgs: They are just so cute!! 
Wookies:  Incredible fighters, engineers, and diplomats. Perfection, minus their ever-glorious temper.
Hutts: Lazy, sly, cruel. Uhh, I can't think of anything positive. 
....and many more. 

Finally, the Quotes. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Qui-Gon Jinn provide a plethora of inspiring quotes, after all the Jedis are like sophisticated monks. The main thing, Jedis say to each other before going on a journey is:  


Yes, that is why May the Fourth is Star Wars Day! Haha! 
Some other quotes that I like are: 
  • “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” —Yoda
  • “Your focus determines your reality.” —Qui-Gon Jinn
  • “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —Yoda
  • “In my experience, there is no such thing as luck” – Obi-Wan Kenobi

Even though Yoda has bad grammar, everything he speaks about is as valuable as diamonds. 

May the force be with us to make it out of these trying times. 

Pic Courtesy: Cooper Carry







If you are new to Star Wars, this section is just for you! 
The order of watching movies: 
If you want to have an awestriking experience filled with climaxes, unseen events, spontaneous occurrences, 
Watch it the way, the movies were released: 
Ep4, Ep5, Ep6, Ep1, Ep2, Ep3, Ep7, Ep8, Ep9, and then the subsidiary movies 

If you want to watch it as a vanilla series, to make sense of it more, then just watch it chronologically. 
Ep1, Ep2, Ep3, Ep4, Ep5, Ep6, Ep7, Ep8, Ep9, and then the subsidiary movies 


I watched it orderly, so I missed those "never saw it coming" moments. 

I can guarantee that you too will be spellbound by Mr. Lucas's prodigious imagination that brought rise to this 'epic space opera' 

And don't worry if things seem a little fuzzy, in the beginning, everything will make sense later๐Ÿ˜€

There are other star wars stuff you can refer to, like the official website- starwars.com, a youtube channel run by two super fans- Star Wars Theory, and anything else from the expanded universe like books, comics, fan-fic, etc. 


I had so much fun writing about my favorite movie series! This was such a nice experience recalling the movies that I've watched over a million times! 

My plans for Star Wars Day: 
Last year I had binged all movies, but this year my friends and I are playing an online Star Wars-themed Dungeons and Dragons!! I am so excited!!!! 
Right now, I am wearing a Stormtrooper T-shirt! 



Oh, by the way, click on this link to see beautiful Star Wars confetti created by google for today!



Well, that's all. I hope you liked the post!! Are you a Star Wars fan? Who is your favorite character? Do you like any movie trilogy? Do you have a blog? 

Tell me in the comments! ๐Ÿ˜

Comments

  1. Wow Maitreyi... Simply simply superb...
    First of all, you have really really matured as a writer. Superb Summarisation of all the movies!! And in my opinion this is the best writeup of all the ones I have read... Continue writing dear... All the best and May the 'Fourth' be with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such kind words Aunty! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  2. Dear Maitreyi ,your language and the style of writing is simply Superb Though I have little knowledge about Starwars I enjoyed reading your article . You have already started your journey as a writer still more to pen. My best wishes for you ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton! ❤๐Ÿ˜Š I am so glad that you enjoyed reading it!

      Delete
  3. I’ve never actually watched Star Wars…. *hides face* I could never get into in, it was too patriarchal. I might give it a try now! I decided to start suffering my way through the marvel movies, and decided they were actually pretty good after I watched Captain Marvel. So I’d probably like Star Wars:) that was long๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too felt the same way before I watched the movies. Haha! I am sure that you will like Star Wars too!
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. I am more of a Marvel fan—because I could never really understand what was happening in the Star Wars movies, but this totally made me want to watch it! My friends prefer Marvel over Star Wars so I've never felt the compulsive need to watch it, but sure, I'll try it!

    BTW, if you search 'May the fourth be with you' on Google, there's this piรฑata bursting animation! Try it here: https://www.google.com/search?q=May+the+Fourth+be+with+you&oq=may+the+f&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i131i433j69i57j0i131i433j0i67i131i433j69i60l3.2640j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvel Vs Star Wars Fandom is always a raging battle๐Ÿ˜‚. But they are quite similar so you will enjoy Star Wars too! ๐Ÿ˜Š
      And yes! I loved the confetti animation!!✨
      Thanks for reading Maya <3

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, seems like you love star wars a lot. Your blog made me want to watch the movie too !! Love your blogs so muchhhh !!
    -Smeeha (https://lalaworldofsmeeha.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smeeha, thanks a ton!!!! I hope you too will love the series as much as I do!! <3
      I love reading your blog too๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts