My Motherland, My Heaven- Project Khazana #2

 It has been long since I posted on this topic. So, here is the second entry to Project Khazana. 

This poem was written by me in 2012. 


It says,

In India, I saw some birds,

They were very beautiful,

In India, there are many things like homes, birds, and butterflies,

The important thing is that I love my country very much! 


I improvised it, did some changes here and there am composed a brand new poem that stays true to the topic of Patriotism. 


My Motherland, My Heaven


Many moons ago

People longed a place like Svarga

On this stunning Earth

A place of bliss and serenity

And a thousand much more


The Gods in response to their plea

Decided to create an abode

A place thriving with virtues and morals

Bountiful with Life!


The land would be apt

Linking the extremes of climate

Yet have sober qualities of both

While standing above the world


They wove meadows of silk

Glistening with flowers and birds.

Filled up the blue waters

With holy nectar and astonishing life


To shield away the dreary winds, the lands were raised

Forming the mighty mountain ranges.

And pushed the ground till the rivers

Molding the fertile plains


Everyone rejoiced

To be a part of this incredible land

The ‘Golden Sparrow’ of the world

Who would flourish with rich history!


Though I stand, many millennia later

I am filled with delight

Of being the daughter of this land

And I will always, sing praises

My India, My Pride!













Comments

  1. This is such a wonderful poem Maith! I also have a couple of poems written in childhood, but I never thought of improvising them. You have given me a great idea!
    And I love your blog! 😍
    Esdi from Esdi Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Esdi😊! Thank you so much for your kind words <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts