My Favorite YouTube Channels!

 


YouTube has a plethora of interesting things- ranging from cooking to dancing to science and even comedy! If any doubt arises, YouTube is the thing everyone turns towards. It is one of the best apps created and who doesn't like it? I usually watch videos related to science (STEM), funny skits, or short documentaries. Sometimes, even to clear questions I have about studies. I have subscribed to tons of channels and I have listed down some of my favorites, which are really AMAZING! They are really well composed (video editing, information, 'fun element' etc.) and convey knowledge in a fun way! 

Here are 6 YouTube Channels that are Outta the World! 

  1. What If
  2. Kurzgesagt- In a Nutshell
  3. Great Big Story 
  4. The English Nut
  5. Mind Your Decisions
  6. Physics Girl 

What If 

I discovered this channel after my friend sent a link to one of their videos. I was obsessed with it after that! In this channel, they try to discuss things that 'could' happen- bringing rise to the sci-fi element. They also talk about alternate realities and things that may not happen (but would be cool if it did). 

Each video is thrilling and makes you inquisitive about how the future is gonna turn out! Some videos which I enjoyed were- 'What if our Universe collided with another,' 'What if we caught an interstellar visitor,' and 'What if you controlled the Internet! 

Here is the link to the channel: What If


Kurzgesagt- In a Nutshell 


Have you ever wanted to learn a hard topic in 10 mins or so? If you do, the Kurzgesagt is the spot for you!! They are a team of German video creators and they create absolutely spectacular videos to explain complex subjects like String theory, Genetic Engineering, and Consciousness which are coupled with cute cartoons! Kurzgesagt has blown up on the internet and now they have their own design style! 
I enjoy watching Kurzgesagt videos because they are filled with information and joy! 
Some oughtta watch videos are- 'Wormholes explained,' 'The most dangerous stuff in the Universe,' and 'Limits of Humanity'

This is the channel- Kurzgesagt


Great Big Story

If you are somebody like me- who likes to hear stories of exotic stuff and learn a ton of facts, You need to check out Great Big Story. They collect extraordinary stories from around the globe and present them wonderfully in a short 4-5 minutes video. It ranges from interviews to food stories and even people who defeated the odds and made it out successful. 
One video which inspired me was this: A Grandmother who learned to Code and created an app!. I love programming and this video taught me that Learning is an eternal process, and you are never too old to start something new! 
There are more videos like this that will encourage you to make a mark in the world! Sadly, Great Big Story has stopped posting new videos but there is some abundant content that you can watch!! 



The English Nut 

In the world right now, learning English is of great importance especially if you are interested in studying abroad. Studying grammar from your English textbook can get boring😫 (relatable!). So, the English Nut aims to help perfect your vocabulary and grammar effectively through fun and fascinating videos! My cousin who is 8 years old (and isn't even introduced to complex grammar concepts) loves these videos and knows so much about English after accidentally discovering The English Nut.
'The English Nut' also talks about many words that have origins in Indian languages and the count will shock you! 
Each video is 2-8 minutes long and there are regular live-streams. 
Watching The English Nut will make you fall in love with the intricacy of the English language. 



Mind Your Decisions

Math is totally awesome and fun!! Finding 'x' is like discovering treasure and the feeling is bliss! Presh Talwakar, the moderator of Mind Your Decisions, posts brain teasers, riddles, logic puzzles, viral math problems, and topics. The title of the channel is so apt, cause while solving Math, you NEED to Mind Your Decisions. 
He doesn't just give out the solution but expresses a systematic way of solving them and makes it interactive. The problems which are selected look arduous but have extremely simple solutions (sometimes just linear equations!) 
I await for his videos to be posted so that I can solve 'em and learn something superb! 
Here is the channel: Mind Your Decisions



Physics Girl 

This channel was recommended to me by one of mom's friends and I have thanked him ever since because it was Physics Girl that sparked my joy for science! Dianna Cowern is an amazing host who explores a wide range of scientific theories and teaches them in a 10-15 minutes video. She is a really smart person, with good video editing skills. She also does collabs with other STEM creators and makes magnificent videos with them. I was able to understand concepts like Leidenfrost Effect, Quantum Computing, and Resonance Effect through some really cool videos! 
I have watched EVERY single video that she has posted and I have gained so much knowledge and scientific curiosity which is essential while studying anything. 
Dianna has also started a new series called Physics 101 which covers all things Physics and is a youtube original series. 
I can guarantee that after watching her videos, you too will be engrossed in all things STEM. 
Here is the link: Physics Girl


Before I conclude here are some special mentions;

  1. Tibees- another science YouTuber who reviews the report card, theses, and other articles written by scientists.
  2. Avdan- A cool tech channel where he imagines how future products of iOS, Android, and Windows. 
  3. Don't Memorise- A channel to refer to when you are puzzled about school portions. 
  4. Vox- To know what is happening in the world.

Hope you enjoyed the article! Let me know your YouTube recommendations in the comments below!








Comments

  1. Maith, your YouTube list is awesome! One of my favorites is Sabrina & Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out the channel ;-)

      Delete
  2. I actually have my own YouTube channel as well! Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1jtvNI1PaIWvCMogtwt6Uw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! I just checked it out!! Your videos are really impressive and so creative <3 Also I subscribed 😅

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts