Some old Poems- Project Khazana #3

Hey everyone! So as you all know, I have this blog series called 'Project Khazana' where I edit my old poems. I was doing some more searching in my plethora of unpolished poetry to compose new and better ones when I found two, humorous ones. I mostly write about nature or deep thoughts and finding some which were a little light-hearted made me ecstatic! So I sat to edit them, but as I went line by line, I realized that it was hard to 'edit' something funny and make it 'better.'  


Those days, I presumed that poetry meant rhyming lines so I remember trying so hard just to make sure that a stern rhyme scheme was followed (no matter how silly the words were😅)
Hence, I decided to not edit them and post them just as it was written. 
I couldn't find the handwritten version as those were typed in a long word document.

Presenting: Sparrow's Meal and Sia's Dream!!! 

Sparrow’s Meal

Written when I was 7 years old. 

A Sparrow whose feathers are brown,
Had a frown,
A beetle passing by looked up,
Asked “Can I help by some tea in a cup,”
Sparrow followed beetle till the end,
Beetle took a dress to mend,
Sparrow thought,
Beetle bought some candies which had rot,
Sparrow jumped,
Beetle’s face pulped,
GULP!!!!
Beetle is in Sparrow’s tummy having tea!


I had submitted this poem for an International Writing Competition along with a skit and a story. I won a Special Mention in that but they never said for which writing I got it😂😂


Sia's Dream


Written when I was the same age (7)

Little Sia was asleep,
Then she dreamt of sheep!
Grazing on the land,

With a wand in her hand,
She went so high
That she could touch the sky!

She met a bird,
Who was a nerd!
She saw a cow
Performing a show!

Little Sia was awake,
She saw that it was all fake
Then she went to have cake. 

This poem was published in a children's magazine!


Hope you enjoyed this post! Here is the link to my previous Project Khazana posts, do check them out: All Project Khazana posts



Let me know in the comments if you've found your old writings; how did you feel reading them? Did you feel that your writing skills have improved? 

Before you go, please fill this survey 😊

Have a wonderful day! 





Comments

  1. Just filled out your survey! I really liked 'Sia's Dream!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I have written poem for 80% bloggers and wordpress users you can check it here -
    http://knowledgemeanss.blogspot.com/2021/02/special-post-for-all-bloggers-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poems Maith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Explored your blog posts a little late, but filled out the survey ! And all I can say is hope the beetle enjoys its tea xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts