A Lizard's Journey

Who does like Lizards? I don't! Those slimy, four-legged creatures are disgusting and weird too😁. Those reptiles move through gardens and roads and trees and definitely have a tale to tell on their journeys. In this poem, I have tried to imagine what it is like to be a lizard...  ;-)



A Lizard’s journey

Walking through a garbage pile
Oh! So foul and horrid
As I move my slimy body
I pick up dust on my way
Jeez! Tired of the filth
I move away to my dreams
A place with dark corners, bountiful bugs, moisture
That is the place I want to be…

Wobbling through the plastic,
I finally find my way out,
One look at the blue skies
And green trees
That is what made me grin,

I strolled and strolled
Till I found my Gecko friend
He narrated his tales of lavish in castles and caves
I just drew the scenery in my teeny brain

We bid adieu and walked away
I continued my quest to find the ‘palace of dreams’
The footpath had many sleepy dogs
Kind, but looked fierce
I moved away, to prevent any encounters
I wandered till a wide lane appeared
With dazzling lights, my palace of dreams stood tall
I could sense the moisture peeling my skin
So, I dashed right in

The door was open and wide
I walked right in with my nose in the air
No welcome ceremony was necessary
I took in the comfort of house
And was ready to find my room
A dark damp place I found under the table

Walking to my new home
Feeling rejuvenated
A soldier returning from the war
But from the distance, I heard a scream
A curly-haired giant roared and cried
Another taller one appeared
I expected a handshake or a namaste
But,
By the time I could extend my hand
I was back in the garbage pile again….

girl covering her face with both hands Picture courtesy- Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts