Ripples

I have written this poem based on one simple metaphor, still water- ripples causing a disturbance. This poem can be used to describe so many things happening in daily life- distractions, negativity, and in the current affairs, the pandemic. 

If you uncover any other meaning of the poem please let me know in the comments or my email id mentioned in 'Contact.'
Hope you like the poem!


Ripples


In the country
I found a pond
The bliss of nature
With glossy, still grey waters
It stayed inert

Composed in seascape
The moon’s reflection
Looked like a twin
The world inside was placid
All things serene and sleepy

Feeling blasé, I aimed a rock
Into the shimmering water
It soared through the azure sky
And fell with a plop
Releasing waves

The pond guffawed
Gurgling and babbling
Forgetting its tranquil state
Entering into-
‘Jittery mode’

All the animals weren’t happy
The ‘tsunami’ shattered their hearty sleep
Gnarling and snorting at me
They tumbled lightly
Onto shore

I was stunned
One tiny rock
Causing the wreckage of harmony
What started in a minute scale
Transformed into turbulence... 

mountain covered by cloud Picture courtesy- Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts